It's been one hell of a ride since April. I can't believe that was the last time I posted anything. Well I'll give you a few bullet points of what's been happening.
1. Oh Walter, My Walter was a success. The director liked my designs and I really enjoyed working on it. It ran May-June. Never had a huge audience, but the audiences it had really liked it.
2. Here Lies Love is a huge success. The time I was working both Here Lies Love and Oh Walter My Walter were insane. Barely enough sleep to function. The actors and creative team of Here Lies Love are brilliant. If you get the chance to come to New York, you have to see this show. You will not regret it.
3. I got an offer to work as the Costume Assistant on the National Tour of Dirty Dancing. Although I was able to work both Here Lies Love and Dirty Dancing, I decided to leave Here Lies Love and focus on what I really want to do in theatre, which is costume design. Dirty Dancing is now traveling the country- probably coming somewhere close to you! I still visit Here Lies Love pretty often, subbing in for people when they go on vacation.
4. As a result of working on Dirty Dancing, I was asked to be the Costume Assistant for the National Tour of Elf: The Musical, which is what I am working on now. Christmas really is coming early this year for me! It's more responsibility than I have had on any show before. I am incredibly nervous, but so incredibly excited about all of it!
5. I've had a lot of celebrity run ins and I'm getting better and better at keeping my cool. Doesn't always happen, but I am getting better. I've also seen so many people now that I've forgotten most of them.
6. I went home in August to be in a wedding. I hadn't been home in 8 months- that's an exceptionally long time for me. It was so great to see so many friends and family. I wish I could have stayed longer. Oh and the wedding was just beautiful. So happy for Bob and Jacqueline Stillerman (Oh that's so weird to type!)
7. Here Lies Love introduced me to a lot of people but most importantly a theatre electrician that I now like to refer to as my boyfriend. That's right! This chronically single girl is no longer on the market. Dating in New York City is so incredibly hard- I understand better now why the television show Sex and the City was such a huge success, because it is all true! Everything just fell in to place with Jeremy. I consider myself very lucky to have him around now.
I'm crazy busy all the time now- which is great. I'm a very happy girl!