Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome to Stain Something!

Welcome to my new blog. As I am starting a new chapter of my life, I'm starting a new blog to document it. I am twenty-something, unemployed and moving back in with my parents. Ahh the sweet life that every college graduate dreams about... haha, not. 

But in all honesty, I'm really grateful to be moving in with my parents. First off, they are allowing me to stay with them rent-free (for now at least). And while I don't have a job right now, I am really looking forward to pulling my own weight around the house, especially since Mom went back to full-time this year.  I plan on making dinner, doing the laundry.. really exciting stuff here. And they are letting move upstairs. My whole life I have lived in a bedroom on the main floor. But now I am moving upstairs, with twice as much room and my own half-bath. But this upstairs has been storage for the whole family, for 20+ years and now it all has to move out- or at least to the basement. And the bathroom, although clean a functioning, isn't very homely. So I'm starting my own DIY project of turning upstairs into.. i guess my loft? haha.. I don't know what I'm going to call it yet, but it is certainly a bigger project than a room- makeover. And being unemployed, I'm trying to find the cheapest ways possible to get everything done that I want to happen. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Remember, if you need any help, you know who to call. That applies to cleaning/organizing or decorating. I'm jonesin' for some good DIY projects!

    ReplyDelete