Monday, June 4, 2012

2 months later, in STL

I can't believe I've been living in St. Louis for 11 weeks. I feel bad for not posting much, but at first there wasn't much to share, and then there was so much to share but I couldn't find the time to share it.

We finally opened our first show of the season and it is a beautiful show. After many weeks of wanting to burn the costumes because I was tired of looking at them, all ill feelings towards the costumes went away - as it most always does after seeing them onstage with the sets and lights. Even though the show isn't my favorite show, it cannot be denied that everyone involved in the production is extremely talented.

I've explored many parts of St. Louis on my days off. I've been to the arch twice, and both times were a story in of themselves. I've been to the St. Louis Zoo, The City Museum, many MANY interesting bars and restaurants, and shopped - A LOT, and found a really awesome pool. To say that I like living in St. Louis is an understatement. But the city is even better getting to explore it with new friends. There are now 17 people living in housing. Yes, I have 16 roommates. Finding quiet, alone time is impossible. Luckily I like everyone I live with, and we all just want to have a good time together.

As far as my 24 things to do when I'm 24 list, here's an update on all the other things I have done.

4. Go to a wacky museum - The City Museum is by far the strangest "museum" you could ever imagine. And it was so much fun!
8. Join a gym - I did join the Y here because we got in free. I have not yet however gone to exercise, but it wasn't on my list that I actually had to exercise - just had to join ;)
9. Save money - even though this is an ongoing accomplishment, I have started couponing and can proudly say that my last paycheck went straight into savings.
17. Cook dinner for friends - it hasn't happened much, but I have made some quesadillas for my roommates when they are around. :)
23. Save my receipts - every receipt I've gotten so far this summer I have saved. Many can be thrown away now, but it has come in handy when I have gone to return my impulse buys - since I am trying to save money.
24. Skype with friends - it's only been mom and Kristen who've seen me on Skype, but I realized, I don't know a lot of people on skype. So, help a sister out and find me on Skype!

There is one more item on my list that I have accomplished, although announcing it is a bit premature, it's an announcement that deserves its own post - which will hopefully happen again much sooner than my last post.

I miss all my family and friends back in Eastern Time Zone. 11 weeks is a long time to be away. It's hard to believe I've been in St. Louis almost as long as I was in WV, and I'm going to be away even longer than that. Luckily, I will have some visitors soon, and (keeping my fingers crossed) I'm going to be visiting VA next month for a wedding.

The next show is The Sound of Music, which of course I will enjoy every moment of, because this show is the reason I do what I do. All in all, I'm having a great time here and wanted to share with everyone that I am having a fantastic summer thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment