Wednesday, March 21, 2012

There's a little Fangirl in all of us.

Today is the best day of the year. It's not just because it's my birthday. Okay, that's a HUGE reason why it's the best day of the year. But it's the first day of spring! It's the first day of the Zodiac! It's my birthday! And since it's my birthday no one can make fun of this admittingly embarrassing post.. But I love soap operas. They've been a part of my life for about 12 years now.. OMG - half my life! I inherited the love of soaps from both grandmothers and my mother (although she eventually moved on). I've been forced to let go of my most beloved soap, One Life to Live, a few months ago, but I still appreciate the genre and the actors that are a part of it. I admit that I still squeal with delight when two of my favorite characters get together, or yell at the screen when one character does something positively stupid, and I even roll my eyes when the storylines are so farfetched I can't wrap my brain around them. But I still love them. So imagine my birthday delight when two of my most favorite soap opera actresses wished me a happy birthday on twitter! I shamelessly told them both via twitter about my birthday, and asked for a little love and they both obliged! Yes this fangirl can't contain her joy and must share it with everyone. Finola Hughes was my first love of soap operas. I grew to love her as Anna Devane on All My Children although that character is better known on General Hospital. Kassie DePaiva played Blair Cramer on One Life to Live, and recently guest-starred on General Hospital as the same character. Today is also Kassie's birthday so I feel all the more special in being recognized by her. So here it is, the tweets that made is fangirl jump for joy on her birthday!

What a wonderful day to be a soap fangirl and to have a birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment