Monday, December 31, 2012

For Auld Lang Syne

2012 started with me sitting in office doing whatever ever work I could for a paycheck. Tennessee saved me - twice. After a visit to see a close friend, and another visit to a theatre conference, I finally got my break. Two days after I turned 24, I packed up my life and moved to St. Louis. Although I hated the theatre I worked for, I loved my co-workers and had the time of my life. I don't think St. Louis changed me- but rather living in St. Louis allowed me to become more myself than I have ever been - for which I am forever grateful to the people I met there. In August I moved to Kentucky, to a job that I absolutely love. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the people I work with and for.

This year I have been to North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, Illinois and DC - you cannot deny I am adventure hungry.

All in all, 2012 has been a truly amazing year. I kind of hate New Year's because I find myself either putting so much hope in the new year that there's no way it could live up or I'm sad to say good bye to a year that's been so great. So 2013 has a lot to live up to, and I have plans and ideas for the year. And my adventures are already starting and planned - by the end of January, I will have already been to Ohio and California.

So I'll drink a cup of kindness tonight and cheers to 2012, auld lang syne, and a happy, healthy 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment