Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars Recap.

I usually wait to post a post-Oscars account but I have some friends on the other side of the ocean that will read this in the AM so I want it published for them before I go to bed (yes, you Kayla.) 

Well I'm going to bed pretty happy. I predicted 20 out of 25 categories correct, which is around my average. I missed Production Design, Cinemantography, Sound Mixing, Film Editing and Music Score (although I really wanted Mychael Danna to win because I love him).  I got Costume Design correct for the first time! (I don't agree with the winner, but at least I predicted correctly!) Jennifer Lawrence is adorable. Daniel Day-Lewis is a beautiful human being. Seth MacFarlane is hilarious and Musicals RULE! And yes the whole ceremony was a little "gay," - GET OVER IT. 

My bones to pick:
1. Okay, everyone knew Adele was going to win Best Song (c'mon, she's Adele). But the other nominees needed to have their moment in the sun. 
2. Captain Kirk in the opening number? Really?
3. I totally predicted Barbra Streisand singing "The Way We Were" in the memoriam. But it really pisses me off when we tribute one person who died more than all the others. I love him, but really how can Marvin Hamlish deserve any more screen time than any other legend we lost (particularly Nora Ephron.)?
4. Seth, get off the stage. You were a fantastic host and then you sang a song about losers in the end. You were a winner until that moment. Also boob song and puppets - why?
5. Ang Lee over David Russell? Really?
6. Sorry Catherine Zeta Jones had to lipsync.
7. Sorry Russell Crowe can't sing on key. 
8. Who invited Kristen Stewart? Do you want to be an actress? You know half the world wants to be the Academy Awards presenting an award with Daniel Radcliffe? SHUT UP! LOOK HAPPY!
9. I want Meryl on the screen longer. She's my Queen. 
10. With the exception of when Anne Hathaway and James Franco hosted, the show never seems that long. This year didn't seem long - but it was. Seriously it wasn't over until after midnight?

My loves:
1. Music Music Music - all of it was great. 
2. Charlize Theron can dance? seriously?
3. Thank you Jennifer Hudson for reminding us that America is an idiot for not making you our idol. Clearly we were wrong. 
4. Seth MacFarlane and Sally Field making out? Beautiful moment. 
5. Jennifer Lawrence being the most perfect 22 year old. Tripping over a dress. Doing shots before interviews. LOVE HER!
6. Ben Affleck getting his due and having a beautiful speech.
7. The reenactment of The Sound of Music! OMG!
8. Maybe I don't hate Daniel Day Lewis - gracious human being. 
9. Michelle Obama presented Best Picture. Ok, didn't see that coming. Well done producers. 
10. My predictions were exceptional this year. I last minute changed one but I didn't do it on my blog so I'll stand by my 20 out of 25 (but it was really 21 out of 25!)

Fashion picks:
Jane Fonda
Sally Field
Sandra Bullock 
Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Aniston
Jessica Chastain
Amanda Seyfried

Fashion Fails:
Samuel L Jackson
Anne Hathaway
Zoe Saldana
Bradley Cooper's mom

I've been sitting on the couch for several hours now and I don't want it all to be over. But I guess I'll go to bed now (1am) See you all next year!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Emmanuelle Riva!

No comments:

Post a Comment