Monday, March 11, 2013

SETC: Louisville

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the friends, colleagues, past, present and future employers, who I got the chance to speak with at SETC in Louisville this year. I was really excited to see all of you, even more so in the state that I've been calling home for the last 7 months.

SETC is a whirlwind of nerves, excitement, emotions and craziness, but this year takes the cake. A lot of people that I have come to respect and admire went out of their way to help and encourage me this year and I am beyond grateful. We all have our insecurities, and one is never more insecure than at a theatre conference competing with others for work in theatre. I do not need a job offer this year to keep my insecurities about my career in check because the words that were said to me from my peers all across the nation were more than enough to keep me confident (at least for the time being). Thank you.

I hope to see you all again next year in Alabama, or even sooner in a theatre somewhere.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment