Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Year 24: The End.

Well Year 24 ended last week and I didn't accomplish everything on my bucket list but I still had an amazing year.

The List
1 I moved to St. Louis and had an amazing 5 1/2 months there.
2 I did not go on a blind date. But I did fall in love with someone for the first time in my life. I will never be able to truly express how amazing I think this person is. He and I were never really going to have a chance for a future because of circumstance, time, and location. But he will always be one of my dearest friends. Always.
3 For my dear friend Claire's bachelorette party we went to a karaoke bar. I don't even remember what I sang because I had had so much to drink, but I did it. Not really my cup of tea.
4 City Museum in St. Louis, Dollhouse Museum in Danville. Not the weirdest of museums but atypical to say the least.
5 I couldn't give up TV for a week. I just love movies and being entertained at all times!
6 I finally went further west than St. Louis! In January I flew to Los Angeles and saw my friends Brad and Sara and their three kids. I had so much fun with all of them. They are truly one of my favorite families on the planet! While we were there I saw the Dolby Theatre, The Hollywood Sign, Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Santa Monica Pier, and the Pacific Ocean. But the most fun was probably playing Uno with the entire family.
7 I bought 2 CDs this year. But my favorite was "Aim and Ignite" by Fun. Fun is like the hippest band right now, but their first album, I think, is better.
8 I didn't actually join a gym, because in both of the jobs I held while I was working this past year gave me free access to a gym. And I did go, probably not enough to mention, but enough to cross it off the list.
9 Save Money. Well I did and I didn't. That's probably all that needs to be said.
10 My friend in St. Louis, Taylor, and I went to trivia a few times. We weren't very good but we made a decent team. I haven't found any trivia games in danville.
11 My last weekend in St. Louis I finally touched the Mississippi River. Wasn't anything to brag about, but I did it!
12 I did not visit West Virginia, except for driving through it on my way to St. Louis. But the good news is I will be back in West Virginia for part of the summer. I'm very very excited!
13 I was convinced by others that going to the top of the Gateway Arch isn't very exciting, so I passed on the opportunity. But some of my best memories in St. Louis happened at the Arch.
14 I had lobster at Red Lobster. I think I'll stick to crab legs.
15 Still haven't played paintball.
16 Didn't visit grad schools like I wanted to, but I have seen OU and am more excited to be going to grad school in the coming years.
17 Since moving to Danville I have enjoyed cooking so much. Any opportunity I have to cook for someone else, I'm all about it.
18 I got side bangs and heavy layers. It didn't look like much of a change, but I finally got the hair I had been aiming for for years.
19 I am embarrassed that I did not go to a single Cardinals game in St. Louis while I was there. That is probably my biggest regret.
20 I did not give a fake number at the bar, however I did leave my business card and got an email from that gentleman. I never emailed him back, and I still feel a little bad that I didn't. He probably doesn't remember me anymore anyway.
21 By the time Christmas was rolling around I was more interested in going to NYC than on a cruise. But especially after the Carnival Cruise disaster I think this bucket list idea has sailed. (hah!)
22 Yep I was employed for the entire year I was 24. I'm very proud of this accomplishment. I already know it will not happen for me for the year 25 and probably not again for a few years. But it was a very big grown up accomplishment. Go me!
23 I did save my receipts until I forgot what I was saving them for...?
24 My internet has made it harder to skype with friends than I would like, but everytime I get the opportunity I'm very excited.

Having a Bucket List for the year was fun. Don't have one for Year 25, but I still plan on it being just as grand of an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment