Monday, April 21, 2014

Here lies a crazy person named Walter

I'm not entirely sure what day it is. Or even the time. All I know is that I've been very very busy as of late.

I am now working as a dresser for the Off-Broadway production of Here Lies Love - an immersive musical- i.e. not your typical musical theater experience. I've never been a part of a show like this and it is a crazy experience. I haven't had a lot of sleep since I took the job and only a hand full of days off, but it is a really cool thing to be a part of. In the moments that I have a chance to breathe outside of Here Lies Love, I'm designing the costumes for an Off-Off Broadway show called Oh Walter, My Walter, a dark comedy where all the characters are named Walter or Winnie. I love designing. But this is why I am a full on crazy person these days. I am living and breathing these two shows 24/7. I have dreams that the two have merged together - more like nightmares actually.

Even though sleep is foreign, I am barely outside of the dark theatre to enjoy this beautiful spring we are having, and even though I am a crazy person right now and have no social life to speak of, I cannot tell you how much I love New York. It has yet to get old that I live here. This is my life. It's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment